Tuesday, January 5, 2010

After The Storm

After The Storm (3.5 x 9.5 pastel)

It has been realy blah around here. Cloudy, cold and snowing constanly for the last 5-6 days now. I'm not complaining about the snow. I like it. Alot. But it's put a run on the bird seed in the back yard. The traffic has been busy at the feeders. And not only the birds are hurting.


I looked out this morning and, along with all the usual customers - blue jays, cardinals, chickadees, juncos and sparrows - that clean up after our friendly neighbourhood squirrel, I saw an odd shaped grey-brownish blob sitting in the snow. I did a double take and realised that it was a rabbit. We have one that winters in our yard. The snow must be pretty deep for him to be back at the bird feeder. Guess I'll have to go get some pellets and hay for him.


This little painting was done as en plein air as I get at minus 20 celcius - I was standing at the back window. It's a little corny with the bunny there but I wanted him in because he was what prompted me to do the paining in the first place.

No comments:

 

yamaha rhino class action